CityWide Stories: Social Media Coordinator
(part-time freelance, contractor position)
Witty Gritty is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to help manage the social media strategy, planning, and operations of their online publication, CityWide Stories. You will work with the Engagement Editor in implementing the social media strategy and managing content across social media platforms, focusing on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. You must have an enthusiastic and working knowledge of these platforms, think strategically, and keep abreast with the knowledge and implementation of tools and effective trends in social media. We’re looking for a go-getter who is excited to bring ideas and collaborate with the CityWide team.
About CityWide Stories
From the team that brought you Flying Kite (2010 – 2017) — and seven years worth of Greater Philadelphia-centric stories — comes CityWide Stories. CityWide takes a deeper exploration of the city via its neighborhoods with a focus on Philadelphia and Camden. Through images, words, video and sound, we show readers what the city really looks like and spotlight voices that aren’t always heard. CityWide has a robust and active social media presence — and every connected and engaged Philadelphian should be following on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
CityWide Stories is managed and published by Witty Gritty, a civic-minded Philadelphia-based company that showcases, engages, and connects their clients through marketing, engagement and storytelling.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist the Engagement Editor in writing content for the social media editorial calendar
- Scheduling content to Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Assist with editorial projects, special projects and provide support to the Engagement Editor
- Work with Engagement Editor and compile analytics to inform future social strategy
- Research events for monthly newsletter and weekly website compilation
- Working knowledge on using all three major social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Strong writing skills and experience with online publications or similar
- Be able to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail, but also maintain big picture thinking for overall strategy
- Knowledge of both paid and organic social media strategy
- Research, test and stay on top of social media trends
- Familiarity with Philadelphia/Camden areas a plus
- Photography and video skills a plus
Fine & Important Print: This position requires an estimated 15-20 hours/week of your time as a 1099 employee. We ask that you have availability during business hours and the ability to spend some time in the Witty Gritty office for planning meetings and check-ins. Some weeknights and weekends availability needed (for possible event coverage and social media engagement). There is room for growth in this position and with Witty Gritty. Starting pay is issued as a monthly retainer at $1,000.00/month.
How to Apply: If you are interested in applying or have any questions, we’d love to hear from you. Please email email@example.com with:
- Cover letter
- Links to social media channels or social media related projects that you’ve worked on.
- A list of three brands whose social media channels you admire and think show cool uses of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
We are accepting applications through June 30th and hope to have this position start by early July.
We are always looking to connect with writers and photographers. Have a story idea? Working on a photo essay and need a place to publish it? Want to get in touch? Fill out our CityWide Stories Pitch Form or email us at Swabreen@citywidestories.com