We are always looking to connect with writers and photographers. Have a story idea? Working on a photo essay and need a place to publish it? Want to get in touch? Fill out our CityWide Stories Pitch Form or email us at Swabreen@citywidestories.com
Social Media Coordinator (Part-time Contractor Position)
Witty Gritty is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to help manage the social media strategy, planning, and operations of their online publication, CityWide Stories. You will work with the Engagement Editor in implementing the social media strategy and managing content across social media platforms, focusing on Twitter and Facebook. You must have a enthusiastic and working knowledge of Twitter and Facebook, think strategically, and keep abreast with the knowledge and implementation of tools and effective trends in social media. We’re looking for a go-getter who is excited to bring ideas and collaborate with the CityWide team.
About CityWide Stories
From the team that brought you Flying Kite (2010 – 2017) — and seven years worth of Greater Philadelphia-centric stories — comes CityWide Stories. CityWide takes a deeper exploration of the city via its neighborhoods with a focus on Philadelphia and Camden. Through images, words, video and sound, we show readers what the city really looks like and spotlight voices that aren’t always heard. CityWide has a robust and active social media presence — and every connected and engaged Philadelphian should be following on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
CityWide Stories is managed and published by Witty Gritty, a civic-minded Philadelphia-based company that showcases, engages, and connects their clients through marketing, engagement and storytelling.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist the Engagement Editor in writing content for the social media editorial calendar
- Scheduling content to Twitter and Facebook
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Engagement Editor
- Work with Engagement Editor and compile analytics to inform future social strategy
- Research social content and events for newsletter and weekly website compilation
- Be responsive as the voice of CityWide on its social platforms
- Work on special projects as needed
- Strong writing skills and experience with online publications or similar
- Be able to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Keen attention to detail, but also maintain big picture thinking for overall strategy
- Knowledge of both paid and organic social media strategy
- Research, test and stay on top of social media trends
- Familiarity with Philadelphia/Camden areas a plus
Fine & Important Print: This position requires an estimated 20 hours/week of your time as a 1099 employee. We ask that you have availability during business hours and the ability to spend some time in the Witty Gritty office to better interface with the team. Some weeknights and weekends availability needed (for possible event coverage and social media engagement). There is room for growth in this position and with Witty Gritty. Payment is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: If you are interested in applying or have any questions, we’d love to hear from you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Cover letter
- Links to social media channels or social media related projects that you’ve worked on.
- A list of three brands whose social media channels you admire and think show cool uses of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
We are accepting applications through January 25th and hope to have this position start by early February.