Chloé Grigri is the general manager of The Good King Tavern, a cozy tavern serving French fare in Queen Village. We get to know her in 20 questions!
1.What’s the first thing you read in the morning?
My NY Times app.
2. What was your first job?
Cashier at a Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins.
3. Who has influenced your career?
I think experiences, more than people, have influenced my career.
4. If you weren’t a general manager what would you be?
Probably a web developer or graphic designer.
5. 3 qualities that have helped you in my career?
Ambition, perseverance, humility.
6. Favorite perk of the job?
Wine and food, duh! Also, not having to wake up to the sound of an alarm.
7. What’s the worst part of the job?
Late nights, sacrificing quality time with the 9-5ers in my life; constantly being “on.”
8. Change you’d like to see in your industry?
More women in the forefront of the business!
9. How do you unwind after a bad day?
Lately, on my couch watching “West Wing,” “Ozark,” “Shameless” or “The Crown.”
10. What is your favorite ritual?
Green salad and cheese after dinner.
11. Who would you most want to meet?
12. When do you feel the freest?
Hanging with family and friends in the South of France.
13. Do you trust where life is taking you?
Is that the point of living?
14. How much risk do you like taking?
I prefer the odds in my favor.
15. What do you do in your downtime?
Running, yoga, film, music, reading.
16. Who’d you invite to a fantasy dinner party? Anyone dead or alive.
Gertrude Stein and her crew living in Paris (Hemingway, Picasso, Dali, Fitzgerald) in the 1920s.
17. When do you get nervous?
Landing by plane.
18. What would you like to leave behind once you’re gone?
Ask me in 20 years.
19. What do you think about Love?
It’s all you need.
20. What are you most grateful for, right now, in this moment?
My best friend sitting on the couch next to me binge watching “Gilmore Girls,” while I work; and this cozy sweater.